Saturday, September 14, 2013

Guruji's Column - Part 13

Hello Children,

Guruji has very less time today as he has a bookshelf to clean off, of a few centuries of dust. Let’s get started quickly.

[Q] Amrita asks from Maharashtra - Mahatma, I need your advice as a yoga guru. I am only 35 and my hair is graying. What should I do?

[A] Guruji - Allow it to.

[Q] Amrita asks from Mumbai - But Mahatma, I want to look ..

[A] Guruji - Next question please..

[Q] Amrita asks from Bandra West - Mr.Guruji, you are being rude to a wom..

[A] Guruji - Dear Amrita, Guruji is not only a sage, but also sane. Don't try to defy time, use it for better things like gardening, gossiping etc.

[Q] Gopal asks - Gurudev, you are a yugpurush, have seen many centuries. Was Kalidasa originally a fool who cut the branch he was sitting on?

[A] Guruji - Son, that is just a myth. However, the credit of “cutting the branch he was sitting on” can be attributed to another wise man, his name is Gregor Mendel.

[Q] Savita asks from Kolhapur - Gurudev, my mother in law thinks my star sign is not good,else my husband would have won lottery after marrying me. Is it correct? Do celestial bodies influence personalities?

[A] Guruji - Savita dear, of course celestial bodies impact human lives in a big way as our ancient gurus and astrologers taught us. In your very case, lunar influence answers your lunatic mother-in-law.

[Q] Leela asks from Sunnyvale -  Guruji, my husband works as a software professional.  Of late, he wakes up at night and screams 'startup!'. I interprets it as a call for ..you know what..and start preparing, but then realize he has gone back to sleep again. Why does he do it? Should I consult a psychiatrist?

[A] Guruji - Leela, you may consult a psychiatrist if he/she happens to be a good plumber as well, to get your damaged wc flush repaired. Nothing to worry about your husband, his is a simple problem (than a broken flush), found commonly among middle-aged software professionals. Some people call it “mid-life crisis” etc, caused by a combination of greed and peer-pressure. He will be alright after a while when he see his entrepreneur friends returning to work after going bankrupt.

[Q] Karan asks from Karanpur - Guruji, I have recently watched a Bollywood movie in which there is a song which goes “Aaja Maamla Set Kar Ley..Aaja Maamla Set Kar Ley..”. What is the maamala and how should I go about settling it?

[A] Guruji - Karan son, to settle it Guruji would advise you to go meet a good mechanic, to find out which nut of yours has gone loose, making you watch such movies.

Ok children, Guruji got to go now, may his blessings and sneezings be with you all while he clean the cupboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment